Want to Be a Substitute Teacher

Submitted by tpage on Mon, 08/20/2018 - 14:53

Want to Be a Substitute Teacher for A-C Central?  Here’s how:

  1. Possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
  2. Contact the Regional Office of Education (ROE) in Jacksonville at 217-243-1804.  Tell them you want to become a substitute teacher, and complete the following steps:
  • Provide proof of physical to the ROE.
  • Go to https://sec3.isbe.net/IWASNET/login.aspx and create an ELIS account with the Illinois State Board of Education.
  • Apply for either a SUB License through your ELIS account.
  • Provide an official transcript showing conferment of a Bachelor’s Degree to the ROE.
    • Official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope or may be sent electronically from the college/university to the ROE.
  • Schedule an appointment for a fingerprint background check.  (The ROE will assist with this).
  • When your license is issued by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), you will need to register your license through your ELIS account.
  • Contact each the school office in which you are interested in substitute teaching.